Surabaya Itinerary - Mount Ijen & Bromo

July 10, 2017

Many people has been asking for my itinerary to Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen, thus I decided to revive the blog to blog about it. I shall try to keep it more active for now in order to remember the details for the upcoming wedding plans as well hehe!

Anyway, I'll try to keep it short & simple!

Day 1  - Paragliding

We had a super early morning flight to Surabaya, and arrived around 9am at the Surabaya airport.

Caught a good deal from Singapore Airlines - Flight was $193.90 per person!

Wahid was our driver throughout the trip and he really provided us with really great service throughout! So we drove for about 4 hours in order to reach Batu Village, where we went up to Mount Banyak for Paragliding (Paralayang in their language)

The paragliding took a total of about 20 minutes (so you can take your time to enjoy the view) and was an additional cost on top of our package. 

Damage: IDR 400,000 / SGD 40 per person.

Yes, that tiny spec is me! And the view was pretty incredible!


It started raining heavily after our paragliding, so we decided to hide out at their local food stall.
Food and drinks here is really cheap! IDR 10,000 is about SGD 1!
Pop Mie with Eggs!
Happy S with his Kopi
Anyway, after settling our lunch, we drove another 4 hours to reach the Bromo area. As we had to wake up at 3am for the hike, we decided to nap sleep earlier around 10pm that night. And yes, if you want to catch the sunrise at Mount Bromo, you have to wake that early.😅

Day 2 - Mount Bromo

So we had a jeep come to pick us up around 3.30am and the driver brought us to Penanjakan Peak to catch the sunrise overlooking Mount Bromo. Sadly, it was drizzling that day and the whole place was really cloudy (and foggy)

Actually, we had no idea which is Mount Bromo, but we're guessing this is it 😂
A photo of us with Mount Bromo (?) at the back!
A glimpse of the sunrise, covered with clouds and fog.
We then took the jeep over to Mount Bromo to climb walk up to the crater. The hike up took less than 45 minutes and the locals there even provide pony rides up for people whom are lazier or simply just want some photo op (haha) at IDR 50,000 (SGD 5).

For us, we decided to use our own two "cars" (legs in hokkien) to walk up as the ponies looked really tiny and we wanted to thoroughly explore the place and enjoy the hike & view. The Bromo crater was really pretty BUT I almost died of fright walking up the narrow path along the crater as it was crazy narrow and the drop down didn't look pretty 🙈

A quick stop right before Mount Bromo so that we could take pictures again
 (we tipped the jeep driver pretty well because of this HAHA)
"Taxi" services with the ponies as shown on the left
Pretty pony resting along the mountain
S with the Teletubbies Mountain!
Just keep walking~
Got a wee bit tired from climbing up the long flight of stairs before reaching...

The pretty crater at Mount Bromo! 
The super narrow path
I didn't dare to climb all the way up in fear that I would slip and fall off the steep slopes
S on his GoPro Mavic
Another mountain checked off the list!
After the trip to Bromo, we had another 6 hours drive to reach Ijen. We took another nap till 12am and headed towards Mount Ijen! When we checked out of our timing, the owner (Albert) was evem kind enough to pack us breakfast at that timing to eat on the go!

Day 3 - Mount Ijen

The climb up to Mount Ijen was more manageable as compared to the other mountains, just be prepared to climb really steep slopes upwards! There is a mini "mama shop" halfway up and I would highly recommend for anyone to rent a gas mask at IDR 50,000 as the sulphur fumes can be overbearing at some parts of the climb.

We were also supposed to go down to enjoy the blue flame sulphur but an accident took place here 2 weeks back and they now prohibit visitors from going down (for May at least). Thus, the only thing we could do was to spot 2 pathetic blue flames from afar LOL.

Yes, the legendary blue flames, spotted from darn far away :(
Next, our guide brought us to another spot to view the sunrise. This time round, we were blessed with great skies and we managed to enjoy the pretty stars above while waiting for the sunrise! It started getting slightly cloudy when the sun was rising though, so we didn’t manage to see a nice sunrise (again).

Galaxy spotted!!!😍😍
Two Caucasians against the sunrise
We were then brought to view the pretty Ijen Lake which was coloured green from the chemical reaction from the sulphur. I must say that our mountain guide was extremely good for this hike – he took really great photos of us and always brought us to good spots so we could capture really pretty pictures with not many people around!

Our guide knows the best angles to take pictures!
Here's one with him! 👍
Spot the hint of sunrise behind!
Anyway, the hike back down was way easier as it was a perpetual down slopes and there was light so we got to enjoy the pretty view as well!

S with his GoPro Hero
Sulphur that they mine at Mount Ijen
YAS END OF HIKE!
And that was pretty much of hiking expedition to Surabaya! We then explored the town a bit for the night and we went to this mall called City of Tomorrow (Cito). We had dinner at A&W (can’t resist) and also massage (they call it reflexology there) at Rp 60,000 for 1 hour! Stunned at the cheap rates before that would mean that they’re earning like S$1 for every 10 minutes. We did some shopping at the supermarket there and headed back to our hotel - Premier Inn Surabaya Juanda (self-booked) to rest early for the flight home the next day!🛫

Heard they're bringing this back to Singapore!!!
Free breakfast at our hotel! 

Thanks for reading (or skipping) to the end haha!

Costs: 

TOTAL DAMAGE = SGD 650 (per person)

Flight (2 pax)

Singapore Airlines - SGD 387.78

Tour Package (2 pax)

IDR 3,300,000 (SGD 330)

Includes
Transport & mountain guide to all locations, plus the car & jeep ride up the mountain.

Excludes 
Paragliding, accommodation, meals, and the entrance fee to both Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.

Entrance Fee (per pax)

Mount Bromo's Entrance Fee = IDR 230,000 (SGD 23)
Mount Ijen's Entrance Fee = IDR 103,000 (SGD 10.50)

Accommodation (2 pax)

Ijen Bondowoso Home Stay - IDR 125,000 (SGD 13) 
Premier Inn Surabaya Juanda - SGD 55.50 (provides free shuttle to the airport too!)

Miscellaneous

Paragliding 
IDR 400,000 per pax (SGD 40)

Food (2 pax)
SGD 120 for 4 days, estimated
(we paid for our guide's meal as well *it's not compulsory*)

Shopping & Massage
SGD 50 per pax, estimated

Tipping (2 pax)
SGD 100, estimated

Travel Insurance (2 pax)
SGD
(we got it at a 50% discount during the promotional period)

GOOD DEALS AHEAD!!!

Firstly, get an Annual Travel Insurance plan if you travel frequently!
AXA now has a 50% discount now if you sign up till 19th of July 2017.
Sign up here with your best friend/other half to satisfy your wanderlust hehe!
Travel Insurance Promotion!
Another thing, get this package from our driver directly, I would highly encourage for you to pay in their local currency as the price will be at IDR 1,500,000 (SGD 150) per pax instead! Plus, he has a group promotion - go as a group of 6, but only pay for 5!
Suarabaya Package Promotion!

Kindly take note that it's slightly different from our itinerary as he will bring you to a waterfall instead of paragliding. If you'd like to go paragliding, just let him know and he will let you know the price difference accordingly!

Please feel free to contact me via Instagram (as I rarely check on the blog post's comments these days) if you'd like his contact details!

You Might Also Like

121 comments

  1. Hi May i have the travel guide's contact details please?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I've replied you via Facebook message already 😊

      Delete
  2. Hello, can I have the tour guide contact as well? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, could you leave me your email address so that I can send the details to you? :)

      Delete
    2. Hello there. Here you go. ilcolviet11@gmail.com thanks :)

      Delete
    3. Have sent it to you too, hope the info helps! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! can i have the tour guide contact too? cynthia_limpohsuan@hotmail.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia, I've dropped you an email earlier just now! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi,can u share the contact information of the tour guide? My email is smartfren@hotmail.com.
    Cheers, wanyi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wanyi, I've emailed you the details! ☺

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    Can I also get the contact details of your tour guide? My email is ontoscript@gmail.com Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Can i have the tour guide contact too? Kevintan0917@gmail.com, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kevin, I have emailed you the details! :)

      Delete
  7. Hello Amanda, can i have the tour guide contact too? My email is leira.liu@gmail.com, thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leira, so sorry for the late reply. I've emailed you 5 days back! :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Amanda, can I trouble you to send the tour guide contact to me too? My email is ribbongrain@gmail.com. Thank you v much, and for the useful blogpost too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mae, thanks a lot for the compliment! I have emailed to you already! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Amanda, could you share the tour guide contacts to dawsonyeo03@gmail.com?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawson, I've replied to your email already. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Amanda, can I trouble you to send the tour guide contact to me too? My email is nicckii.tee@gmail.com. Thank you v much, and for the useful blogpost too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole, thanks for visiting! I have emailed you the details already, I hope you find the latest information useful!:)

      Delete
  11. Hi Amanda,
    Sorry to ask, can I also have details and contact number of the tour guide too.

    Here is my email: zakiahck@yahoo.com

    Thank you dear. Really enjoy reading your post. Keep on writing 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Zakiah, I'm so happy to hear that you've enjoyed the post! I will try to go back to writing again, thanks for the encouragement! I have emailed you the details, hope you find it helpful for your planning! :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Amanda :)

    Can I have the tour guide numbers? My email is carmen.ng716@gmail.com

    and also the website (package) that you've found?

    Thank you.

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen,

      I have emailed you the details. I compiled the itinerary on my own while visiting numerous different websites, but I would recommend you follow my itinerary that can be customized according to your preference with my contact as his price is actually way lower than my original package. Hope this helps you in your planning! Feel free to email me back if you have any further queries!

      Delete
  13. Hi Can I have the contact details of the guide? My email is Kennethlyf09@gmail.com thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kenneth, I've emailed you the details already! :)

      Delete
  14. Hi can I have the contact of the tour guide? My email is agnesang02@gmail.com. Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Agnes, I've emailed you already, do check! :)

      Delete
  15. Can I have the tour guide numbers? My email is yychak@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Amanda, can we have the contact of the guide please. My email is chloe.pham.c@gmail.com thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post Amanda! Did you use DSLR to take the galaxy picture ? Also, can I have the contact of the tour guide please? Thank you so much ☺️ My email is amrritcjt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amrrit, I used a normal Canon digital camera with manual functions (those where you can control the shutter speed) to take the shot! 😊

      Have just emailed you the contact as well! Hope it finds you well!

      Delete
  18. Hi! Can I have the contact details of the guide? My email is robandemilie@gmail.com thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I've emailed the details to you already, hope it finds you well! ☺

      Delete
  19. Hi, Amanda. May I have the contact details for the tour guide? Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi can you share the contact details of your tour guide to playelf2021@gmail.com? nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! 😊 I've just emailed the details to you!

      Delete
  21. Hi Amanda, may I have the contact details for the tour guide please? Thank you in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, kindly leave your contact details so that I can send it to you. Cheers!

      Delete
    2. oopsy, my bad! please send to chenyeechenyeelee@gmail.com

      Delete
  22. Hi Amanda, appreciate to have the tour guide contact details. Many Thanks!
    desmondlimkt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Amanda,

    Can I have the tour guide contact please? My email is lisaholy@gmail.com

    Thanks !
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, so sorry for the late reply. I have just emailed it to you! :)

      Delete
  24. Hi Amanda, may I have the tour guide information please? my email address is lewcheevooi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheevooi, so sorry for the late reply. I have just emailed it to you! :)

      Delete
  25. Hi Amanda,
    Thanks for sharing your travel experience. Can i have the driver contact too?
    Misa.sakiyurai@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melisa, so sorry for the late reply. I have just emailed you! :)

      Delete
  26. Hi Amanda, May i have the tour guide information please? Drop at my email zakirahzqh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zakirah, so sorry for the late reply. I have just emailed you! :)

      Delete
  27. Hi, May i have the tour guide information please? My email is limweihao518@gmail.com, thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wei Hao, so sorry for the late reply. I have just emailed you! :)

      Delete
  28. Hi Amanda,
    Can I have the tour guide contact details and itinerary please? My email is s_ya88@yahoo.com.my, many thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sze Ya, have just emailed you, kindly check! :)

      Delete
  29. Hi, would you mind to provide me information of the tour guide? My email address is netchai@gmail.com. Thanks a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, I have just emailed you, kindly check! :)

      Delete
  30. Hi are you able to provide me the tour guide information? My email is: X.wanyingg@gmail.com :) Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Amanda, do you mind to share me the local tour guide contact during your Surabaya trip? my email - sohming06@gmail.com

    Thanks in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sohming, I've just emailed you. You're very welcome, glad to help! :)

      Delete
  32. Hi Amanda, do you mind to email me the tour guide's contact details?
    My email→qcly1990@hotmail.com
    thanks in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  33. Hi Amanda, thank you for your sharing, do you mind to email me the tour guide's contact detils?
    My Email : jackyyeoh@gmail.com

    Thank in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jacky, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  34. Hi Amanda,
    Do you mind sharing the tour guide's, driver's etc contact details pls.
    My email is omela.ng@gmail.com
    Thanks :)

    Regards,
    Omela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Omela, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the driver's details already, he is like the tour guide as I took up everything with him. Help the info helps, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  35. Hi Amanda,

    Please send me the tour guide's contact details too! My email address is huiying.s@live.com

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  36. Hi Amanda,
    Can u kindly email me the guide details to Kimqingxian@gmail.com as well? Thank u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Qing Xian, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  37. Hello! May I have the tour guide's contact? Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeffrey, could you drop me a message via 92719197 for it? Couldn't email you as you didn't leave me with an address. Thanks a lot! ☺

      Delete
  38. Hi Amanda! can i have the tour guide contact too? zaimacbn@gmail.com thanks! Much Appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  39. Hey Amanda! Thanks for the blog post - it's very informative! Can I trouble you to share with me the tour guide contact please? Thanks very much! My email address is -> lthjanelle@gmail.com :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  40. Hi Amanda, can I have the contact details for the tour guide please? Also, where did you get the travel package from? Thank you.

    (idawatigyl@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  41. Hi Amanda, thanks for sharing the details of your trip! Can I have the contact details of your guide please? Much appreciated! :) go_yumin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yumin, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  42. Hi Amanda, may I have the contact details for the tour guide please? Thank you in advance :) keienbenkyou@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  43. Hi Amanda! Really enjoyed reading your post, was thinking of planning a trip there also! May i have the contact details for the tour guide? Thanks so much :) puterinurhuda@live.com.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, I'm glad to hear that! Yes please, do seriously consider as the blue fire there is not something you can spot in other mountains usually! And apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  44. Hello can u give me a contact tour guide and details. This is my email afiq9290@gmail.com.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Afiq, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  45. Hi Amanda, can u share me the contact of the tour guide? My email address is chongsemantha@yahoo.com . Is it very cold over there? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, it is not cold in the lower grounds but it is pretty chilly up in the mountains so do bring a thick jacket for temperatures around 10 degrees when climbing! Apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  46. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi, may I have your tour guide's contact? My email is donna_woei@hotmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  48. Hi, can i have your guide's contact details please? My email is nabella_1991@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  49. Hi amanda, may i have the tour guide's contact? My email add is stephyc710@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephy, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  50. Hello Amanda! Thank you for sharing your itinerary and the awesome pictures. Do you mind sharing the contact details of the tour guide to aurelia.sharleen@gmail.com? And just to confirm that the tour guide is fluent in english and he will drive you around throughout the entire trip from airport to airport? Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aurelia, I'm glad you enjoyed the blog! Apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already! And yes he can communicate in English (not exactly fluent but you'll be able to communicate) and he will drive you around for the entire trip! Feel free to let me know if you have any other queries! 😁

      Delete
  51. Hi amanda, may i have the tour guide's contact? My email add is mdna619@gmail.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  52. Hi, thanks for your sharing. May I have the contact details for the tour guide? twz11797@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  53. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi amanda, sorry to trouble you. May i have the contact details of the tour guide offering the package? Thank you in advance!
    Adam.yazid88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Adam, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  55. hi .. can you share your guide's contact details.. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry but could you let me know your email address or drop me a Instagram message so I can send the details to you? Thanks! ☺

      Delete
  56. Hi Can I have the contact details of the guide? My email is kvijay48@gmail.com.
    thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vijay, apologies for the seriously late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  57. Hello! May I have the tour guide's contact? Thank you very much, my email is ho.shiyun30@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shi Yun, apologies for the late reply as somehow my notifications got turned off for comments! I have emailed you the details already, cheers! 😁

      Delete
  58. Dear All,

    There may be some error as I no longer receive notifications when you comment here.

    Kindly drop me a DM on my Instagram @amandalogy instead for a faster reply!

    Thank You!

    ❤️,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  59. hi Amanda,
    Can I have the contact of the tour guide. My email address limlaychyi@yahoo.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi,can i have the contact information of the tour guide? My email is ska.guatleng@gmail.com
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hi, I hope to have the contact information of the tour guide. My email is
    secretrain93@gmail.com
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hello Amanda,
    I've stumbled on your blog while searching on Surabaya trips. Would you be so kind to sure your guide contacts with me? My email address is samuev@gmail.com

    Thank you. Regards, LY

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe